Q: What are your hours? Are you open on Friday?
- Our hours are by appointment only. We schedule by appointment only so that we may spend quality time with our patients.
- Our Dallas location schedules Friday appointments.
Q: Is your hygienist gentle and will not hurt when cleaning my teeth?
- Yes, she is gentle and is always concerned about your comfort while having your dental cleaning.
Q: Do you see children?
- We don’t see very young children. Typically, we accept children starting from age twelve to fourteen.
Q: Do you take insurance? And, are you on my plan? Do I have to pay “upfront”?
- We accept a wide variety of Dental insurance providers. For specifics and answers to other insurance related questions, visit our Accepted Dental Insurance Coverage Providers page.
Q: Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes, we prefer and gladly accept all of the major credit cards including CareCredit as well.
- CareCredit is a credit card that is specific for dentistry. It is a great card which enables many to get their dental work completed now and pay it off at a schedule that is convenient for them. Often, CareCredit offers promotions as “One year…No Interest”. Our office has information on this card and we will be happy to answer any questions about the program.
Q: Do you have payment plans?
- We do not offer “in-house” payment plans.
- All the major credit cards are accepted including CARECREDIT.
Q: What do you do on my first visit for a cleaning and check-up?
- We will usually take necessary x rays at your first visit. If you have had x rays taken recently, please let us know. Your teeth will be checked and usually cleaned as well on your first visit. At times, Dr. Miller will need to spend more time with you in examining your teeth and therefore your teeth may not be cleaned at that initial visit.
- If you are coming in for a specific problem, possibly a tooth-ache, then we will focus on that specific issue at your first visit. You may return for a regular full examination of all of your teeth at your next appointment. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask when contacting our office.
Q: When I leave a message, when will my call be returned?
- Dr. Miller has a small staff and at times unable to answer the phone when we are treating patients. We offer personalized service with each one of our patients.
- We check our message center several times during the day and strive to return all calls the same day they were received. If the call is in the afternoon we may not be able to return the call until the next business day we are in our office for appointments.
- You may also reach us by using our contact page.
Q: What are the causes for stained or discolored teeth? (webmd article link)
- Smoking and smokeless tobacco
- Poor dental hygiene, including insufficient brushing and flossing
- Certain diseases, disease treatments and antibiotics
- Certain dental materials such as composite (tooth colored) and amalgam (silver) fillings
- Aging, thinning enamel
Q: How long does it take to whiten my teeth?
- Our office uses the tray type method of whitening. An impression is made of your upper and lower arches and models are made from these impressions.
- Thin, clear trays are made that fit your upper and lower teeth. Directions are given to patients as to how to place the gel in the trays and place on the teeth for whitening.
- Typically, the trays are worn approximately two hours daily for about two weeks. Dr. Miller’s office will evaluate the progress of the whitening procedure in about 10-14 days.
- Many patients will achieve their desired level of whitening in less than two weeks and some may take a little longer than two weeks to complete.
- The “tray” method offers a safe and comfortable option to whiten the teeth for a more beautiful smile.
Q: Where may I find good basic information about dental implants?
- Within our site, check out the following page……here.
- The International Congress of Oral Impantologists offers through its website an area with great information about dental impants. For more information……… Click Here.
Don’t forget to check out our Special Offers/Promotions page!
“With a Smile, We’re Changing Lives” ….. Contact us today!